Friday, July 27, 2007

Synchronicity (Barbara's Project)


It's pure coincidence that Debra and I are both working on Madonnas again. She sent me a note to ask about the Day of the Dead, and I showed her this new Madonna quilt that I've begun on the same topic. I knew I wasn't done with the Madonnas when I finished the fourth in my series, and I'm glad that Debra has another one in her as well.

We started the Madonna series before we got so heavily into crazy quilting, and now I feel well-armed to really embellish the heck out this piece. I think it will be a memorial quilt, but I'm still waiting for it to tell me.

Debra, I really love that Virgin of Guadalupe panel you're using. I should've bought some when I had the chance. I do, however, have a ton left of the one I'm using.

2 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Wes asked me if I was afraid someone would copy my work. I told him that all quilters have their own supplies and even if they had something similiar, it would have that quilter's own style stamped on it. Our work here is a prime example of that!

Your piece is full of joy! I am anxiously waiting its development.

When you look at the skull fabric closely that I am using, you see that the skulls are smiling & are really quite friendly. Plus, the red rose crown reminds me of Will's red hair!

allie aller said...

These pieces you two are doing are very potent. I will enjoy seeing them evolve!