Thursday, June 30, 2005

Welcome to the Madonna Idea!

The collaboration site for the Madonna Series!


2 fiber artists: Barbara and Debra will be working on a year long series devoted to Madonnas!

We plan to swap ideas, swap fabrics, swap trinkets and make wallhangings, books, ritablos and what-have-yous in homage to one of our favorite icons: The Virgin Madonna. Please join us on our adventure!

I am Debra Spincic, hailing from Lake Conroe, TX --just north of hot, humid Houston! I spend all my time with a needle and thread doing something creative.

I met Barbara through about.com, a quilting forum, where I spend way too much time! Barbara joined an artquilt challenge that I proposed and we quickly discovered that we both liked Madonnas. My recent viewing of my "almost" finished Lady of Guadalupe wallhanging for the Hoffman Challenge prompted us to brainstorm ways that we might further explore the Madonna icon. This will be our journaling site for everything about our collaboration.

~~~Debra

No comments: