Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pink Madonna--Round 2

I was able to add my part to the Pink Madonna this week. As luck would have it, I had some pieced blocks and embroidery that I had already done. They worked marvelously for what I was trying to show. In my mind, Our Lady of Guadalupe is a folk art madonna; resplendid in her patchwork clothes so I wanted to further emphasis the bright colors Barbara started with in my round. There will be much hand embroidery and embellishments added so I tried to be sensitive to that when embroidering the ribbon. I have really started to enjoy the word ribbons and feel like this is one piece where I could use them effectively.



So, now it is into the mail to Barbara so she can add her part, the final borders. Then, the handwork begins!




4 comments:

sophie said...

I love the composition of elements . . . and can't wait to see where Barbara takes this piece.

allie aller said...

This is lovely and must be so uplifting to work on!

Libby said...

The words are great for the project - they add a lot. I also love your square-in-square blocks. I always do; they have so much personality.

jenclair said...

Lovely! Engages so many senses!